This table was designed by Tom Robertson for A.H. McIntosh of Kirkcaldy in Scotland and was produced across the 1960s and 1970s. The design features a firm and thoughtful construction with two extension leaves that, when extended, can seat up to ten to twelve people. When not extended it seats six people, at 160cm in width and partially extended is 186cm, and full. extended is 236 cm. . The frame is made of solid teak, and the surface is teak veneer with a typical wood grain in honey brown.
This table is fully restored extendable classic T3 teak table by McIntosh. In immaculate condition, fully restored and finished with Danish oil. Width 159cm x Depth 91cm x Height 74cm x 186cm partially extended and 224cm fully extended
Vintage14.com team recommend you see the photos in details to see the real state of our pieces. Even they have been restored they can still have some wear and tear of the age and use.
Esta mesa fue diseñada por Tom Robertson para A. H. McIntosh in Scotland en Los años 60.
Su diseño le hace ser una mesa elegante y muy firme con una estructura de teca maciza y dos tableros móviles y dos tableros extraibles que pueden ser usados independientemente.
Puede albergar desde 6 cuando no está extendida a 10 o 12 personas dependiendo del número de tableros usados.
Ha sido restaurada para recuperar el explendor de la madera, y su color anaranjado.
Medidas. Cerrada: 159 x 91 cm, Height 74cm
Extendida con un solo tablero 186×91 h: 74cm
Extendida completa 224×91 height 74cm
El equipo de Vintage14.con recomienda miren detenidas las fotos para observar el estado de las piezas, incluso cuando han sido sometidas a un proceso de restauración pueden contener huellas de su uso. Para cualquier consulta no duden en ponerse en contacto con nosotros a través del email o WhatsApp.
About McIntosh company.
Scottish furniture manufacturer McIntosh is best known on the vintage market for their mid-century style furniture, particularly for teak cabinetry and sideboards
Founded in 1869 by Alexander Henry (A.H) McIntosh (1835-1919) in Kirkcaldy in the Fife region of Scotland, the business quickly grew in size, requiring a new, larger premises for the prosperous firm just a decade later. In 1879, McIntosh bought a new factory, opening Victoria Cabinet Works a year later. At the same time of expansion, McIntosh was establishing a reputation in continental Europe and Australia, exhibiting at the World Fair in Paris in 1878 and the Sydney Exhibition in 1879.
Though little information regarding McIntosh’s early designs is available, it is known that the factory—like many British enterprises—joined the war effort during the First World War. With most workers (including the founder’s grandson, Henry) called up to enlist, the McIntosh factory began manufacturing airplane wings and other parts for the duration of the war. During this time, Alexander Henry’s son Thomas Wishart McIntosh (1861–1933), headed the family business from London, where McIntosh had established an office.
Despite an aesthetic that could be mistaken as Danish modern in the mid-century period, the company marketed itself, both at home and abroad, as proud Scottish firm that utilized traditional processes that employed local, highly-skilled cabinetmakers. The McIntosh label which survives on many 1950s and 1960s pieces, shows the Scottish thistle and crown, a long-time symbol of Scotland. From 1948 until 1983, Tom Robertson worked as head designer for the firm; creating his most notable design, the teak Dunvegan sideboard (1960s) known for its sculpted handles.